The Star Standard Air cell cushion is an effective single compartment air cell cushion that provides optimal pressure redistribution and immersion, perfect for the prevention and care of pressure injuries. The cushion is fabricated with flexible neoprene to allow the cells to form shape and immerse around the buttocks. This immersion ensures cell deformation remains at a low level. The Star Standard Air cushion is available in two height ranges. The higher the cells, the better the pressure redistribution qualities.
The Star Standard Air cushion has a single inflation compartment that is easy to adjust with a single valve. The Star Standard Air cushion is an ideal combination of easy handling and dynamic stability, which may improve sitting tolerance over time. Available in a variety of sizing options in two height ranges: 5 cm and 10 cm. Please refer to the product size guide for sizing options before making an enquiry to purchase.
- Immersion and envelopment
Vertical air cells enable users to fully immerse themselves in the cushion for optimal envelopment. Greater cell height results in a deeper immersion experience.
- One compartment with dynamic stability
Air cells conform to the user's body, tracking their slightest movements without causing tissue compression, thereby promoting better blood circulation.
- Easy handling
One compartment requires only one valve adjustment.
- Pressure Redistribution
Provides exceptional pressure redistribution capabilities, with its air cells adjusting to the user's body structure to minimise the risk of tissue deformation.
- Dynamic Stability: Features one compartment with dynamic stability, providing a comfortable and supportive seating experience.
- High Immersion and Envelopment: Offers high levels of immersion and envelopment, ensuring that the user is well-supported and comfortable.
- Pressure Redistribution: Provides outstanding pressure redistribution, reducing the risk of pressure injuries and promoting overall comfort during extended periods of sitting.
- Single Valve Inflation: Convenient single-valve inflation for easy adjustment and customisation of firmness levels.
- Incontinence Covers: Incontinence covers are available to address specific needs and enhance user comfort (sold separately).
- Included Accessories: Comes with a fitted cover and a hand pump, ensuring a comprehensive seating solution.
- Height range: 5 cm / 10 cm
- Depth & Width: Various sizes. Refer to sizing guide.
- Easy Cleaning for Cushion: Handwash the cushion with soap, baking soda, or vinegar for regular maintenance. To disinfect the cushion, use a 70% alcohol-based disinfectant solution. Machine washable for a short cycle of 10 minutes with a maximum cleaning temperature of 40°C.
- Cover Maintenance: Machine washable in warm water with a maximum cleaning temperature of 60°C. Do not bleach the cover. After washing, rinse it in cold water and either line dry or machine dry at a low temperature.
- Maximum user weight: Unlimited
- Flame resistant cover and cushion
- Cushion: 2 years
- Cover: 1 year
- ARTG Number: 339953
- Standards: EN 12182:2012; ISO13485